Tuesday, June 22, 2010

RAYS OF HOPE UPDATE!

Hi everyone!
First Friday (06/04/2010) Rays of Hope Inmate Correspondence was a success. Rays of Hope: Nancy Guerra, Karen Martinez, and Bernice Rubio attended. We met at our usual place, Barnes & Noble. The objective of the evening was to update the Rays of Hope writers with a little background about their pen pals and to hand out letters received from the inmates and answer questions. The Rays of Hope were encouraged when I reported that the inmates they write to get very excited when they receive their mail.

When I visit the inmates in Sinton on Saturdays, their faces light up and smile real big when they tell me that they received mail from us. Some of the inmates seem very amazed that someone even cares to write to them.

These precious women need encouragement from Rays of Hope writers. They need to feel love with no condemnation when all else has failed in their lives. Thank you Rays of Hope for sharing your love and encouragement with them!

I love you ladies,
Rose Mendez, Group leader – 361/854-6621
RAYS OF HOPE INMATE CORRESPONDENCE

Psalm 45:1
My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer.

:

0 comments: